|| POST ABORTION TRAUMA HEALING SERVICE
Breaking the silence - information, hope and healing after abortion
P.A.T.H.S. Counselling Partners
Up until 2010 the P.A.T.H.S. counselling service in Christchurch provided counselling free or by donation. This was a huge contribution on the part of the professional counsellors involved who gave up there time to offer help to people wanting counselling after a recent or past abortion. We have also been, and continue to be, able to take a counselling student on part-placement each year, for the learning and experience in this specialised area of counselling. These students have also gone on to become PCPs.
As the demand for our service has grown and expanded there was a need to devise a way to provide support nationally. This sparked the vision for the P.A.T.H.S. Counselling Partners, a network of independent counsellors, specially trained in post abortion issues and healing, to whom we can refer clients who access our service. The hope is that payment for counselling may be manageable for clients as our philosophy is that people need to be able to access the service. Options need to be discussed with the individual counsellor e.g. negotiated fee, Disability Allowance, koha.
To ensure a standard of service criteria were established and a pathway determined as follows:
2. Complete a P.A.T.H.S. Seminar (two days)
3. Complete PCP Application of Interest Form
4. Receive P.A.T.H.S. information
5. Engage in Interview Process with member(s) of the P.A.T.H.S. team
6. Mentoring period with an experienced PCP counsellor for first client through the Programme.
7. Meeting or conversation after first client through programme to ascertain suitability or readiness.
8. Final decision rests with P.A.T.H.S. Trainer/Supervisor.
9. By mutual agreement sign PCP Agreement Form.
10. Purchase 10 Step Programme Material
- initial mentoring, peer supervision, external
- a counselling record for P.A.T.H.S. and client feedback forms.
For more information
|About P.A.T.H.S. | Services | Impacts for Women | Men & Abortion | Talks & Training | Articles | Links | Blog | Contact Us|
|© Copyright P.A.T.H.S. NZ - April 2002|